Photos - Holidays that worked for me

Photos - Holidays that worked for me
The coast near the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Country Antrim

Thursday 4 March 2010

What worked for me today 4th March 2010

I love to have cut flowers in my house - the colours, the scent and the shapes are just great and really cheer me up. So yesterday I spent some time writing a piece on creating my own cut flower garden so that I can have a regular supply of blooms throughout the year and at a fraction of the cost of even a supermarket bought bouquet. You can read it here.

It also means that I won't have to wait for someone to buy them for me! Because by my reckoning I am probably due a bouquet in about 3 1/2 years!

Now my displaying abilities are no where as good as the WI - in fact I am sure they would shudder at my mistakes so I am keen to find some simple books on flower display techniques. A quick look on Amazon has found two interesting titles so this might be something to consider.

And it is on the topic of flowers that I have found what worked for me today. As there isn't even a tulip or daffodil in my garden I have had to order a bouquet for delivery to my mother for Mother's Day. Now I know what you are thinking. Mother's Day is not until 14th March, but I am going to be away and I want to be organised.

My mother does not like us spending a fortune on presents so I chose a company that I think has a great range of bouquets at  good value prices. You can find more information on Bunches.co.uk here.

I have ordered the Hugs and Kisses bouquet above for my mother for £25.99 but there are much cheaper bouquets if your budget doesn't stretch that far - and I am sure she is going to love it. They are also giving away a box of chocolates with all online orders. I might just keep that for myself......

No comments:

Post a Comment