Photos - Holidays that worked for me

Photos - Holidays that worked for me
The coast near the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Country Antrim

Monday 8 March 2010

What worked for me today 8th March 2010

The good news is that after just seven days my first batch of seeds have germinated and I now have mini tomato and mimulus seedlings. Still waiting for the chilli plants but I am expecting them later this week. I have also just planted some gazanias. So seeds are definitely working for me today!

Obviously I want them to grow quickly so I have looked into a number of products that might help such as this seed starting system from Burpee and also the germination station but I am not sure if they will be any better than my warm kitchen. It might be time to do some testing.

Up until now, I have used normal compost but I think it might be time to look into proper seed compost. Any views on this would be gratefully received. And I am not too sure when I should start feeding. Again any views on this would be appreciated.

I am hopeful that the weather will start to improve and I can start to spend some time in the garden. Unfortunately, I have a business trip coming up in the next few days and I will be away for over a week, so I hope my seeds survive.

By the way, something that definitely didn't work for me yesterday were my dog walking boots. After a few years of use they split! This meant walking with my left foot wrapped in a plastic bag to stop the mud getting through. As I worked, my left foot sounded like it was farting. Not a good sound - and it spooked the dogs!

I am now looking for replacements - so will keep you updated with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment